- Operational Savings on Sludge Disposal
- Rapid Return on Ivestment
- Demo System Available
Why not join over 900 other plant operators and enjoy massive savings by recovering up to 95% of lost revenue.
Suitable for : Waste activated sludge, DAF Sludge & Industrial Sludge.
Disc Screw Press Flow
How the Disc Screw Press Compact Skid Works
- Sludge is pumped from the sludge holding tank or can be taken directly from source e.g. aeration tank, which means costly upstream storage tanks are not necessary.
- After the feed pump polymer is dosed into the feed line
- The sludge and polymer mix pass through the inline rapid mixer, this thoroughly mixes the sludge and polymer, helping to ensure minimal polymer consumption.
- The sludge and polymer mix passes from the rapid mixer outlet to the Flocculation Tank, here a slow mixer helps bind the contaminates together and separate them from the liquid fraction.
- The flocculated mix drops from the flocculation tank outlet to the Screw press dewatering section. Level sensors are used in the flocculation tank to prevent overflow.
- The Screw Press consists of a cylinder which houses the screw press running at low speed. The cylinder consists of spacers, fixed and moving stainless steel discs. The moving discs have a smaller outer diameter than the screw. As the screw operates, the moving rings continuously clean the sludge from the gaps allowing filtrate to pass and ensure clog free operation.
- As the sludge progresses along the screw, the pitch narrows, increasing the pressure and dewatering efficiency.
- The dewatered sludge is low volume the cost of disposal and transport is massively reduced.
- Filtrate is returned back to start of Effluent
Available in 2 Formats
SKID MOUNTED UNIT
Fully wired and piped plug & play system, supplied fully assembled on galvanised steel skid.
System supplied inside a 20ft side opening container with 'Plug n Play' installation, non-slip flooring, lighting, heating and ventilation.
- Return of investment 11 months
- Reduced haulage costs by 75%
- exploring options to potentially sell the dried cake
Example Business Case
- Sludge Transport cost (£/T): 20
- Liquid Sludge produced per week - 60T @ 5% Dry Solids Annual cost to Transport: £62,400
- Cake produced per week - 10T @ 25% Dry Solids Annaul cost to Transport: £10,400
- Annual chemical cost to run dewatering system: £4,056 Annual power costs: £2,409
- Total annual operational savings £45,535
Water Tecnik Disc Screw Press Trial Video
Below is a video of the unit at a local dairy, pressing 4% dry solids combined DAF and biological sludge into 26% dry solids cake.