Why is controlling pH an important procedure in treating wastewater?
pH Influence on Wastewater Treatability
As a chemical component of the wastewater, pH has direct influence on wastewater treatability — regardless of whether treatment is physical, chemical or biological. As it is such a critical component of the makeup of the wastewater, it is therefore critically important to control the pH so that effective treatment can occur.
Water Tecnik supplies cost effective pH adjustment systems for industrial clients worldwide. These systems perform a crucial step in the wastewater treatment process, raising or lowering the pH of wastewater before it undergoes subsequent treatment.
Image above is an example of a pH correction system, supplied along with a coagulant dosing pump.
- Pumps will supply up to 30L/hr as standard (larger pumps available on request)
- Pumps have built in over pressure and under pressure cut out (to protect against dry running or pipe blockages)
- All pumps have manually adjustable dose rate control.
- System power Supply 110v or 230v supply.
- Glass pH electrode complete with either 5m, 10m or 15m cable is connected to the controller and is supplied with the system.
- Set points are programmed on controller, which in turn call on either the acid or alkaline dosing pump to run until desired set point is reached.
- pH controller comes with 4-20ma output.
- The coagulant pump, if supplied, is not controlled by the ph. controller, it simply runs on a start/stop signal.