One year on Water Tecnik look back at Mauds Ice Creams installation of a Turnkey Effluent Treatment System & the results!
Water Tecnik Supplied and installed a complete turnkey effluent treatment system.
The main process components are;
• Transfer pumping station to transfer all effluent from the factory discharge point to the new balance tank.
• Balance tank
complete with Venturi mixing system and ultrasonic level sensor, used to store effluent prior to DAF treatment.
• Water Tecnik containerised DAF system
Complete with Water Tecnik DAF, chemical dosing equipment, control panel and transfer pumps.
• Sludge tank
Used to store removed contaminates, fitted with level sensor.
Following their investment in a Water Tecnik DAF system, operational & financial benefits were instant!
• 40% reduction in COD (chemical oxygen demand) *
• Through our efforts jar testing the incoming effluent we identified a more cost effective treatment regime. This lowered chemical costs by 49%.
• 80% reduction in SS (suspended solids).
• 96% reduction in FOG (Fats, Oil and Grease) - went from 650mg/L to 26mg/L.
Mauds Ice Creams are now fully compliant with all discharge consent limits, and this project has proven to be a huge boost to the continual environmental improvement plans for their business.